Ellis loved life. Ellis had a difficult life. Ellis let go of this life. These three statements can give you a succinct storyline, but can never come close to describing the awesome and awe-full privilege of being his mom and dad. From the moment of his birth until the moment his heart stopped, his medical needs were intense, overwhelming and draining. We were two music teachers thrust into the world of pediatric intensive care, exposed to the unimaginable vocabulary of pediatric hospice care, while navigating the stormy waters of bureaucracy, insurance, home-health-care, medical supplies, therapies, government assistance – it is almost too difficult now to look back. We can only wonder at the courage and depth of strength that the parental instinct inspires: we will do whatever it takes to help our son.
Thousands of children and young adults in Minnesota have a life-threatening condition. Crescent Cove’s mission is to offer care and support to children and young adults with a shortened life expectancy, and their families. One way Crescent Cove helps is by coordinating a meal delivery. There is so much time and energy put into caring for the child with the life-threatening condition that it makes preparing a meal nearly impossible.
Lube-Tech would like to reach out to families in our community and bring a meal to their home. A meal of hope…
How does this work?
- Crescent Cove will provide the names, addresses, and phone numbers of 10 families in the metro area that are in need of a meal
- You will be asked to call the parent (usually a voicemail) and let them know that you will be delivering a meal for their family
- Let them know you are with Lube-Tech, who supports Crescent Cove, and you have a meal to deliver
- Meals can be picked up in the Gopher Grill between 11:15am and 12:15pm
- Drive carefully, abide by all traffic laws, and maintain current insurance coverage as required by law
- Bring the meal to the recipient’s door, and be courteous and friendly
If you are not feeling well, please ask someone to deliver the meal in your place